Owned by InMotion, Web Hosting Hub offers affordable shared hosting for web novices and new business owners.
They have data centers on both the East and West coasts and boast high speeds with their SSD servers.
Web Hosting Hub is pretty average when it comes to what they offer for hosting.
Here is how they’ve trended over the years:
These guys offer three great features that separate them from the rest.
1) Pre-installed WordPress and PrestaShop:
WordPress is the most popular CMS and blogging platform. So you expect it out of every web hosting company. But in most cases, you’ll required to install WordPress yourself (here is the best hosting for WordPress).
Although this is done easily through a typical “one-click” installer, it still takes time and there’s a chance something may go wrong. Web Hosting Hub makes it just a bit easier to start working with WordPress right away. They offer pre-installed WordPress, so when you specify you want to auto-install WordPress during the checkout process, it’ll be up and ready for you.
The process is the same for PrestaShop, one of the most popular ecommerce software. This free installation for WordPress and PrestaShop are not limited to just one level; it’s offered across all three shared hosting plans, from Spark, Nitro, and Dynamo. One-click installers work well most of the time, but Web Hosting Hub’s pre-installed WordPress and PrestaShop just takes one step out of the overall process and shaves a bit of time.
2) On-boarding process:
Web Hosting Hub offers a professional, personalized on-boarding process for their new customers. This is clearly aimed at beginners who have little or no experience in buying a hosting package.
After you sign up with Web Hosting Hub, you’ll get a call from them. They walk you through setting up your new account in an on-boarding call. This way, if there’s ever something wrong with setting up a new account, you have someone to help you right away on the phone.
The on-boarding process also works if you have remaining questions about which plan works best for your goals. This is invaluable for novices that may feel overwhelmed when looking at all the different hosting options and specifications.
3) Choice of data center:
Many web hosting companies have just one data center. This keeps things inexpensive for them, but depending on where you live, you could be thousands of miles away from their servers. This means a slower website for you. Even seconds or microseconds of delay add up overtime and cause you to lose customers.
To mitigate this, Web Hosting Hub has two data centers: one in Virginia Beach, VA and one in Los Angeles, CA. When you sign up with them, you have a choice of which data center you want to use. Ideally, it would make sense to choose the one closer to where you live, to ensure your email and website can be delivered faster.
Pretty good support team offered by Web Hosting Hub.
We checked several online sources for honest Web Hosting Hub reviews. We found that customers were split on their opinion about customer service.
One happy customer writes: “I’m especially impressed with webhostinghub’s support and support team. Their support is 24/7, response time is very fast and the team is generally helpful and knowledgeable.”
Another reviewer agrees saying: “The support reps know their stuff, and point me to solutions quickly. I’m very happy with this company’s dedication to supporting its customers.”
We found negative reviews for Web Hosting Hub dealing with their customer support and resolution times.
One frustrated user warns: “They claim that they don’t know the issue, can’t comment on the issue or deal with the issue, and then they become rude and almost hostile to the paying customer.”
Another reviewer writes: “My biggest problem has been very poor support of Webmail. Support is slooooow (up to 48 hour response in some cases).”
1) 24/7/365 U.S. Based Support: Web Hosting Hub offers around-the-clock support through phone, email, a ticket system, and live chat. This is pretty standard, but their support community is impressive with Q & A, guides and whitepapers, and extensive help center.
2) 90-Day Money-Back Guarantee: Web Hosting Hub offers a 90-day money-back guarantee, which is quite generous compared to the industry-standard of 30 days or 60 days (rare).
3) Free Website Transfer: Web Hosting Hub doesn’t charge for website migration. The process is relatively painless; you simply let them know your existing hosting account information and they handle the rest. The transfer is good up to 3 websites.
4) Free Domain: You get a free domain included with your hosting package.
5) Free SSD: Solid-state drives are known to be up to 20 times faster and more reliable over mechanical hard drives. While some hosting companies charge extra for SSD, it’s included in every plan for Web Hosting Hub.
1) No Uptime Guarantee: They don’t openly claim any uptime guarantee on their website.
2) Shared Hosting Only: Web Hosting Hub doesn’t offer any plans on VPS, dedicated server, or cloud hosting. It’s strictly shared hosting.
3) Hackers in the Past: In 2012, Web Hosting Hub was one of the targets of TiGER-M@TE attack, but they handled it right away and openly communicated about this attack on their website.
Web Hosting Hub is your standard company that offers shared hosting plans only. Their introductory prices are competitive and they offer many extras. You have the choice of two data centers.
If you have an existing website, they offer a hassle-free website transfer so you don’t have to deal with the headache.
With Web Hosting Hub’s generous money back guarantee you can feel good about giving them a try. But if you are looking for options other than shared hosting or if you want an uptime guarantee you will need to look at another provider.