They also offer a number of tools to help you manage your SEO and search appearance.
StartLogic was pretty popular back in 2008.
Here is how they’ve trended over the years:
StartLogic offers some unique features for a hosting company, particularly tools to help you market your website on social media channels and search engines.
Here are some of them:
1) SubmitNet: You start a website for visitors to come and look at or buy what you offer, but it can be difficult to have your site noticed by search engines like Google, Yahoo, or Bing. That’s why StartLogic offers a service called SubmitNet to give you the tools to rank for keywords in your industry. SubmitNet will make your web pages search friendly, giving them a better chance to be found by people looking for the things you offer.
Several features are available depending on the plan you get, and StartLogic even offers the first month free for Gold subscribers. You’ll be able to submit your content to directories and popular search engines easily. There are also options to help you make the content on your site optimized with meta tags, and tools to help you figure out where you stand in the online market. There are three plans available basic, gold, and platinum for $19.95/year, $9.95/mo, and $14.95/mo respectively. SubmitNet is a great tool for those who are less knowledgeable about search engine optimization and online marketing.
2) My Advertising: Advertising is necessary for small business owners no matter what your business offers. Although, know how and where to show off your products and services is a problem for many entrepreneurs. StartLogic provides an excellent service to small business website owners, called My Advertising, to help you market your business online. The knowledgeable staff can help you pick out which keywords fit your business and will bring in targeted traffic to your website. They can help you set up a reasonable budget and track whether or not your campaigns are profitable.
Local and worldwide businesses alike can benefit from the pay-per-click expertise of StartLogic’s marketers. If you sign up for the program, you’ll receive multiple benefits including a dedicated project manager who monitors and keeps track of all of your campaigns, SEO optimization help, and reports to ensure you are on track for your goals and budget. You can also request samples to see how your business can benefit from their help. Prices for this service aren’t listed on their website, but you can speak with a representative anytime.
3) My Facebook Pages: If you have a blog, eCommerce store, or business website you probably have a Facebook page to go along with it. Managing your business along with a website and a Facebook account can be daunting, but the benefits of social media are too many to ignore. That’s why StartLogic offers My Facebook Pages, a complete service that designs four different pages for your business (including photos).
The company will also continue to provide regular content on a monthly basis to keep your engagement up so people will continue to talk about your business. StartLogic will even make sure your FB pages stay compliant and up to date with the ever changing requirements. The service starts with a one-time fee of $149.95 and then has a $5.95 monthly fee to keep it up to date with fresh content. Facebook is a great place to get the word out about your new website and even sell products right from your fan page. My Facebook Pages is a great option for an eCommerce store or website that is looking to take advantage of social media.
The StartLogic customer support team is available 24/7 via live chat and a toll-free US phone number.
They also offer a support ticket portal and a decent knowledgebase. Overall, not bad customer support at all, but there are better options if you really value quality, easy to reach support (see: Globat, Siteground, and InMotion).
We looked at several online reviews for StartLogic. We found that customers are most satisfied with their features and uptime.
One customer recommends them for any aspiring webmasters: “As a beginning website builder, I found their online authoring tools very helpful in getting me started. Up-time has been excellent, and their fees are quite reasonable. I recommend them, especially for beginning website authors.”
Another reviews agrees saying: “I have used many webhosting websites, Startlogic is my favourite website. It has great uptime, support and freatures better than anyone.”
Not all reviews we found were positive. We found several StartLogic customers unhappy with their customer support.
One frustrated customer states: “They’ve gotten progressively worse each year. ZERO Support – ZERO online chat support. On top of the crappy support, they keep raising my price per month each time I renew.”
Another reviewer with similar issues warns: “They have outsourced all of their tech “support” overseas, rendering support all but useless. If you even get a response, it is generally copy and pasted from the internet, and doesn’t ever actually solve the problem.”
1) Great Support Options: StartLogic’s support staff is available 24/7 by phone or live chat.
2) Money Back Guarantee: There is a 30 day money back guarantee on all hosting fees offered.
3) Free Domain: StartLogic offers a free domain with all new hosting accounts.
4) Marketing Services: You can find multiple marketing services that are provided to help make your website successful.
5) Marketing Manual: All hosting plans come with a 500+ page marketing manual to get you started on the right foot.
6) Free Ad Credits: You’ll recieve a generous free ad credit from both Google and Yahoo.
7) Web Design Services: StartLogic offers several types of webdesign services inlcuding corporate and eCommerce designs.
1) No Uptime Guarantee: StartLogic doesn’t offer a way to track uptime, or a guarantee offering reimbursement for downtime.
2) No cPanel: The popular cPanel is not available on any StartLogic hosting plans.
3) Uninformative Website: The website for the company is very basic with very little information.
If you’re looking for a place to start your first site and need an easy to understand and efficient starting process, you’ll enjoy your experience with StartLogic. eCommerce store owners will also enjoy benefits, like an inexpensive SSL and the page speed available.
However, if you’re looking for something other than shared hosting or a better knowledge base for troubleshooting you’ll need to look elsewhere.