JustHost is a great entry level host that offers reliable and inexpensive shared and VPS hosting options.
They offer hosting starting at very reasonable prices, perfect for beginners who will be needing to scale up their hosting performance as they grow.
Click here to see the #1 rated web hosting
JustHost isn’t as popular as it was back in 2010.
Here is how they’ve trended over the years:
JustHost offers some unique features that make it one of the most popular web hosting solutions
1) cPanel Demo: JustHost has an award-winning control panel (cPanel), and you can see exactly how this works prior to purchasing your hosting plan through their demo. You’ll find the link to try it out front and center on their homepage. You’ll get to see exactly how streamlined their cPanel is. You can go through the demo as if you’re working in the real cPanel and you can see how email accounts are set up, how one-click installations work, what their file manager and ftp manager look like, and much more. User friendliness is a big factor in choosing web hosting plans and JustHost certainly succeeds in this area.
2) Instant Provisioning: Many VPS (Virtual Private Servers) or dedicated servers hosting plans require hours or days to provision. JustHost goes above and beyond with this unique feature by making your information available to you fast. JustHost has instant provisioning that can get you up and running in mere seconds saving you time and money. This means handing it over to you fully ready with as little time and cost incurred as possible. This feature is especially important if you have an e-commerce website and you don’t have days to allow for provisioning. Fast provisioning means no lost customers or sales for you.
3) Dedicated Server Specialists: JustHost’s regular support is already robust, but for their dedicated hosting, they also have a dedicated support staff. When you opt for their dedicated hosting plan, you’ll have exclusive access to specialists who can answer your questions quickly. If you go to their website you’ll find the phone number to talk to a dedicated specialist prominently displayed at the top of the page, whereas most hosting companies hide their phone numbers or only provide email and chat options.
With an extensive knowledgebase and a 24/7 support team available via live chat, phone, and email, JustHost isn’t your average hosting company (see: 000WebHost, Aabaco, and MediaTemple).
These guys even show the current wait times for each contact method, allowing customers to choose an appropriate selection based on the method of customer support they prefer (phone, chat, or email).
We have looked over several online reviews for JustHost to see how customers feel about them. We found that customers have had positive experiences with uptime:
One customer seems very happy with their service saying: “I’ve never had a problem with uptime – the servers seem solid, especially since they did an upgrade a couple of years ago.”
Another reviewer also pleased with pricing as well as uptime states: “I am very pleased with the uptime of my website, and them giving away unlimited virtually everything for a measly £2.75 per month. I think that’s a great deal!”
We also found several negative reviews for JustHost. Customers here were disappointed with their email service and downtime.
One frustrated user writes: “I lose about 90% of emails that come in from clients. I am able to email between my JustHost email accounts but can never send or receive email from any other source ie. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, ATT or other business emails.”
Another reviewer warns: “the last two years JustHost had constant downtimes, even for static HTML pages. Their FTP service is terrible due to constant disconnections. Their CPANEL logs you out constantly without reason.”
1) Multiple Support Options: Just Host has multiple avenues of around-the-clock support, from phone, email, and live chat. On their support website, they clearly show how long you have to wait (if any) for each type of support. They also have an extensive knowledge base.
2) Price: Their introductory prices are one of the lowest, starting at $2.95 per month for their most basic plan. They revert to regular pricing at renewal, but they’re still reasonable. You also get 50% on your first month of dedicated server hosting plan.
3) User-Friendly: Their cPanel is user-friendly, visually appealing, and intuitive.
4) Uptime: JustHost hosts their customer websites on quad processor servers and their data center has a backup generator. With 24/7 network monitoring, they guarantee near-perfect uptime and the ability to address issues quickly.
5) Free Script Library: Hosting plans include a script library called SimpleScripts that can install most popular scripts like WordPress, phpBB, Joomla, and osCommerce.
6) Dedicated Hosting: Just Host offers VPS and dedicated servers with instant provisioning at competitive prices.
1) Confusing Website: When it comes to finding information on dedicated hosting or VPS, it’s buried in the lower part of the website. JustHost also touts unlimited bandwidth, storage, and email accounts on the main page, but for their cheapest plan ($2.95/month promotional price), storage and email accounts are limited.
2) Cancellation Policy: JustHost has the fairly standard 30-day cancellation policy, no questions asked. But this policy doesn’t extend to domain names, so if you cancel the plan, they’ll not refund you the price of domain name, which is $14.99. The upside is that even outside the 30-day cancellation term, you can receive a prorated refund for the remainder of your term.
3) Migration: There is no help with any migration, and migrating a WordPress website is reportedly cumbersome according to PCMag.
JustHost is your standard web hosting company that has low introductory prices.
Their strength is the user-friendly cPanel and good support infrastructure. While their lowest tier doesn’t offer unlimited storage, it should be good enough to run a small website or blog. If you outgrow the shared hosting plan, you can upgrade to their VPS or dedicated server hosting plan.
Those plans come equipped with specialists who can help answer any questions, and they’re reasonably priced. Their VPS and dedicated server accounts have instant provisioning so it only takes a few seconds to get up and running.