InMotion offers robust web hosting packages for businesses and tech savvy users.
They’re not the cheapest hosting option out there, but they offer quality servers for advanced web masters and high traffic websites and blogs.
InMotion was pretty popular back in the day.
Here is how they’ve trended over the years:
InMotion offers some great features. See for yourself:
1) Max Speed Zone: For VPS and Business Class hosting clients, InMotion Hosting offers their trademarked Max Speed Zone. InMotion Hosting is located in both east and west coast – in Virginia Beach, VA, and Los Angeles, CA. This bi-coastal option lets you choose which data center you want to be closer to in order to take advantage of their advanced routing network. You’ll have access to faster network than their competition, which means faster downloads, email, and website.
To make sure their performance lives up to their claim, they test from 35 U.S. locations and 46 locations from around the world. You can see various speed tests and demos on their website to see how fast you can expect your website to be.
2) BoldGrid Website Builder: BoldGrid is InMotion Hosting’s proprietary website builder. It’s built on WordPress but functions as an easy drag-and-drop editor so you don’t actually have to be familiar with WordPress. You own all content 100%. Unlike traditional drag-and-drop website builders that tend to make websites look elementary, BoldGrid allows you to create sophisticated, modern websites that are responsive and optimized for mobile devices.
In addition, you can purchase BoldGrid Copyright Coins, which allow you to buy media and content such as marketing content, photos, etc. from within BoldGrid on WordPress. All WordPress themes you can choose from are HTML5, and follow the best modern design practices. If you’re out of ideas for your website, you’ll have access to content and images you saw on the demo WordPress theme so you can customize them to your liking.
3) Free Data Backups: There are some hosting companies that claim no responsibility for backups, putting all the burden on the site owners. Many hosting companies charge for data backups, even if they’re as little as $1 per month. The ones that don’t charge, limit free data backups for their higher-tiered plans. InMotion Hosting offers free data backups across all their shared hosting plans, Launch, Power, and Pro.
Also, they’ll let you restore once every 4 months, whereas other companies charge to have your backup restored. For additional restores, it’s $49. Because sites larger than 10 GB won’t be backed up automatically, you’ll have to talk to the sales department for more options about that. Still, free backups and restores for websites under 10 GB are pretty generous. They also let you backup manually with their easy-to-use backup tool.
We checked several Internet review sites for honest opinions about InMotion. We found many customers happy with their technical support and pricing.
One happy customer states: “I can not think of a problem that support did not attend to promptly. I am also happy with uptime and their pricing and have often recommended them to friends and business associates.”
Another user agrees saying: “I think one of the greatest pros of this company is the support they have. You can reach someone 24/7 and get help fast.”
Not all reviews were positive however. We found that some InMotion users were disappointed with uptime and specific service issues.
One frustrated reviewer writes: “The sole reason for this change is in due to their downtime issues. Every three months or so my server will go down for anywhere from a half an hour to a couple of hours.”
Another user is unhappy with some recent changes: “They seem like a great web host at first, and they were, until their new terms of service. Everything you could do with their service is now a violation of their terms of service.”
1) Free “No Downtime” Website Transfer: InMotion Hosting offers free website transfers, up to 3 or fewer cPanel accounts, websites, and/or databases. Free professional migration service means you don’t have to worry about downtime or losing your data.
2) Free SSD: InMotion Hosting offers free solid-state drives for increased performance, across all three of their shared hosting plans. Some companies charge for this or limit it to only their top-tier plan.
3) Free Data Backups: Free data backups are provided across all plans on shared business hosting.
4) 90-Day Money-Back Guarantee: InMotion Hosting offers a generous 90-day money-back guarantee with the usual limitations; the cost of your domain name or other extras you purchase won’t be refunded.
5) 24/7/365 U.S.-Based Support: InMotion Hosting has the standard around-the-clock support through phone, live chat, and email. They also have a very extensive knowledge base and help center that answers most technical questions you may encounter.
1) Hacked in the Past: InMotion Hosting was one of the targets of [email protected] attack in the past.
2) VPS or Dedicated Hosting Plan for Magento: This limitation is fairly common, but while other companies don’t “recommend” having Magento on shared plans but still allow them, InMotion Hosting doesn’t allow Magento altogether on shared plans.
3) No Windows Hosting: InMotion Hosting only has Linux-based hosting plans and no Windows hosting.
You have a choice of two data centers to maximize your website’s performance. You’ll have free data backups and a generous 90-day money-back guarantee, as well as SSD that’s 20 times faster than mechanical hard drives. However if you need Windows based hosting or want an uptime guarantee, you may be better off looking at another hosting provider.