Codero caters specifically to businesses and corporations looking for dedicated, cloud or managed hosting.
Codero had a nice run back in 2010-2011.
Here is how they’ve trended over the years:
Codero offers a number of features that make it a popular hosting solution for even the most advanced developers and web masters.
1) Hybrid Hosting: When you’re a developer, finding the resources you need to host your files is a very large part of your overall strategy. Making sure you have the space you need to help with traffic spikes and other issues is very important when choosing a hosting company for your projects. Codero has created a one of a kind solution for developers, Hybrid Hosting.
Imagine if you could have both the power of a dedicated server and the scalability of cloud hosting together in a seamless integration for speed and power. That’s exactly what you’ll get with this option from Codero. Both the dedicated and cloud communicate as if they were connected at the same switch and provide incredible flexibility for your projects. Your data will automatically be upgraded during spikes to ensure files are always available without a lot of extra cost.
To harness the power you simply select your dedicated or cloud server and add the Hybrid Networking. You’ll need to choose the speed of your network. There are four options, 10Mbps, 100Mbps, 250Mbps, and 500Mbps.
2) Smart Servers: Codero prides themselves on both cloud and dedicated server technology and understand the ever changing needs of the development landscape. Smart Servers are yet another way they cater to designers and developers to make your life just a little bit easier. With this server package, you’ll receive several benefits including free backups for life and on demand snap shots to know your data is safe, one click upgrades and scalability to ensure you have the resources you need, and one click instant reboots in the event of any problems on either end. You’ll also receive the flexibility of the cloud, while also having fully dedicated hardware at your disposal.
With remote VNC you’ll be able to access your Smart Server remotely causing greater flexibility. The security of having your own server that will never be shared along with the flexibility of the cloud will ensure a smooth and fast programming environment and steady performance for users.
3) Proactive Managed: Managed hosting is an option that many different providers offer, but it’s typically only basic server maintenance and possibly a backup of data here and there. Codero has created a two tiered managed hosting program, Essential and Proactive. The essential plan includes all basic network upkeep and should you experience any issues a support team is available every day all day.
The proactive plan is more in depth and includes backups, network usage, strategies for your data to help make sure you have the proper resource allocation and much more. The proactive part comes in with advanced monitoring to identify any server performance problems, and help creating custom instructions and rules for your environments to help the development process. There are also tests and other scans to ensure that your data is looking and performing at it’s best. This is a great feature if you want a hands-off hardware experience.
They offer a ton of ways you can contact them 24/7/365 (live chat, knowledge base, ticket system, international and local telephone, Skype, and Twitter).
We have looked over several reviews to give you an idea of what people are saying about Codero. We found several people with positive things to say about their customer support.
One satisfied customer states: “Codero has the best sales and support team, and that’s the main reason we use them. We feel completely supported in everything we do.”
Another happy reviewer writes: “We signed up for our servers, and have been nothing but pleased with the services and support provided. I have only had to contact support once in almost 1 year, and they were on top of things and quick to reply.”
We also found negative reviews for Codero as well. Here customers are having problems with reliability and the sales team.
One frustrated reviewer writes: “For me the server intermittently crashes every 5 or 8 days. Sometimes it even crashes twice in 2 days. We have used two Codero Windows Servers and we had to agree that you get what you pay for.”
Another customer warns: “They tell you one thing and do another. I should have learned from the day I was dealing with the sales rep. He told me one thing, put another in the quote and then told the techs something completely different.”
1) Support Centered: Codero prides itself on exceptional service. They list a less than 35 second chat response time, a less than 20 minute response time from the help desk, and 24/7 phone support.
2) Uptime Guarantee: Codero offers the rare 100% uptime guarantee for their dedicated customers and a credit on your next bill under certain conditions.
3) Price Match Guarantee: If you find a publicly advertised price from a competitor for identical products and services they will match it.
4) Customer Loyalty Rewards: A points for dollars reward program that allows you to save any points you earn and then spend them to upgrade your hosting.
5) Green Host: Codero data centers have been updated to reduce energy consumption by 25-30%, employees are engaged in sustainable practices, and also plant trees to offset carbon and produce oxygen.
1) No Shared Hosting: Codero doesn’t offer any shared hosting options but focuses on dedicated and cloud.
2) No Free Backups: Codero only offers paid backup services. These two services cost $10-$20 a month respectively.
3) Overwhelming Options: The dedicated hosting alone accounts for 35 different different options for you to choose from.
Definitely not the cheapest option, but it may be the best in terms of service and quality. Codero focuses on giving the best service and hosting possible and that comes with a reasonable, but higher price tag.
If you’re looking for an entry level or mid price range service, you’ll want to search a few other options.